MD, FRCP (UK) , FESC, CCT (CARDIOLOGY) (UK), PhD (UK) CCDS (US)
Consultant & Head of Department -Interventional cardiology and Electrophysiology
CardiologyBook an appointment
Dr Saravanan has a rich experience of 21 years as an Interventional Cardiologist. He is trained in all aspects of cardiology including transplant cardiology at several internationally reputed centres in the UK (Royal Brompton Hospital, London; John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester).
Dr Saravanan has a passion for translational research and to pursue his passion he secured a prestigious and highly competitive British Heart Foundation grant in cardiac cellular electrophysiology.
He has published more than 20 high-quality publications in world-renowned journals such as The Lancet, Circulation, International Journal Of Cardiology, and American Journal of Cardiac Physiology. He is a reviewer for highly acclaimed journals such as Circulation EP, Lancet, BMJ, American Journal of Nephrology, Indian Journal of Pacing and Electrophysiology
Dr Saravanan obtained further focused sub-specialist qualification in heart rhythm device management from the International Board of heart rhythm examiners in the US. He is currently one of the very few cardiologists in India to hold this credential of being a board-certified heart rhythm management device specialist.
His research interests include Advanced Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation, Heart Disease in End- Stage Renal Disease, Hypertension and Sudden Cardiac Death.
Appointed as Director of Cardiac and Cardio-thoracic services at Bangalore Baptist Hospital in December 2018, Dr Saravanan strives to provide exceptional quality of cardiac care to those who access this service.
Dr Saravanan is a committed, caring professional, who loves to talk to his patients in a very simple language and explain complex issues relating to heart disease in a very comprehensible way. he takes pride in being a people person and will be delighted to be of help should you need any advice or treatment for any form of a cardiac condition.
Madurai Medical College, Madurai
MD (General Medicine)
The TN MGR Medical University
PhD in Cardiac Electrophysiology
University of Manchester, UK
- Treatment of Advanced Heart Failure
- Implant and follow-up of Heart Rhythm Devices (pacemakers, implantable defibrillators, Cardiac re-synchronisation therapy)
- Cardiac Electrophysiology (Electrophysiologic studies and Radio-frequency Ablation of heart rhythm disturbances)
- Performing Coronary angiography and Angioplasty
- Primary Per-cutaneous Coronary Intervention for acute MI (Emergency angioplasty for heart attack)
- Peripheral and Renal Vascular stenting
- Structural heart disease intervention such as ASD device closure, Atrial appendage closure etc
- Advanced cardiac imaging such as 3D echocardiography, Trans-esophageal echocardiography and Cardiac MRI
- Sports Cardiology