Research raises the level of thought deepened by reflection, criticism and exploring unknown areas of our realm by intuition and reasoning.Scientific research in BBH involves a logical, empirical, systematic and integrated process of collecting and analyzing data with the aim of providing ‘exceptional care’.
Through rigorous research we to provide answers to important questions pertaining to disease trends risk factors treatment outcomesfunctional abilitiespatterns of carehealth care costs through hospital-based and population based research
We also encourage our faculty to seek knowledge, ask questions and keep an open mind. We mentor faculty who are interested in research.
Flow chart to initial research
- Preparation for research proposal
- Checklist for IRB submission
- Patient information sheet template
- Informed consent form template
IRB member names
|Dr. Olinda Timms||Member
|Dr. Anna Oommen||Member
|M.Sc., Ph.D. (Biochemistry)|
|Mr. Satyen Kamat||Member
|Dr. Prem Kumar Mony||Member
|MD (Community Medicine)|
|Dr. George Korula||Member
|MD (Obst.& Gynae.)|
|Dr. Sindhulina C.||Member
(Basic medical scientist)
|Mrs. Preethi Mathias||Member
|BA (Law) LLB|
POISE-3 – PeriOperativeISchemic Evaluation-3 (Population Health Research Institute, Hamilton Health Sciences, Canada); 2019 - ongoing
HipAttack-HIP fracture Accelerated surgical care and TreaTment trACK(Population Health Research Institute, Hamilton Health Sciences, Canada); 2017 - ongoing
Models of Assistive Technology provision for people with disabilities in low resource settings; a comparative analysis of current practice in India, Nepal and Bangladesh(University of Sheffield, United Kingdom);2019-2020
Innovations for accessible healthcare in low resource settings in India: feasibility of a technology supported NCD screening model(University of Sheffield, United Kingdom );
Impact of an Interactive mHealth Gaming Application to Improve Diabetes Health Literacy in India: A Randomized Controlled Trial(US India Education Foundation, United states);2019-Ongoing
Building health champions among youth in India for non- communicable disease prevention
Gut microbial profiles and nutritional status of adults in rural and urban areas of Bangalore-An observational study(Nottingham University, United Kingdom)
HOPE GRID- Highly Hazardous Organophosphorus Pesticide Poisoning - Gathering Requisite Information for Decision-making (CMC vellore,Tamilnadu);
Knowledge, attitude, and practice on antibiotics and antimicrobial resistance among school-going adolescents in India: a cross-sectional study (CMC vellore,Tamilnadu);
Seroprevalence of Varicella zoster virus (VZV) and factors associated with immunity among urban and rural pregnant women in South India: a cross sectional study
Management of Premalignant oral conditions by chemopreservation through integrative approach in rural population of Karnataka, India.(Intedent Healthcare Private Limited, Bangalore);2019-Ongoing
Evaluation of a novel technology in reduction of air/surface pathogenic microbe contamination and to study its effect on infection prevention (Biomoneta Research Pvt Ltd. Bangalore, Karnataka);2019-Ongoing
COPD- To determine the presence of a molecular signature in COPD patients through a comparative clinical study with healthy adults(Strand Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd. Bengaluru, Karnataka);2018-2019
Effective triaging for early detection of clinically relevant breast lesions with handheld point-of-care device (iBreastExam Gen II): Prospective three arm triple blinded comparative study(UE Lifesciences (India) Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, Maharashtra)
Availability, affordability and acceptability of health care services in slums and villages: A mixed methods study
Investigation of influence of 5HT3B gene, ABCB1 gene and cytochromeP450 2D6 gene polymorphism in efficacy of antiemetic treatment with Ondansetron in post-operative breast surgeries (Advanced Research Department– Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka);2019-Ongoing
A prospective study for estimation of pertussis antibodies in mothers and their newborns(CMC vellore,Tamilnadu);2019-Ongoing
A prospective, double blind, randomized, placebo controlled Interventional study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Enzobiotics (Synbiotics and Proteolytic Enzymes) in pre-dialysis kidney disease patients.( Mylin Biotech India Private Limited, Bangalore, Karnataka);2019-Ongoing
In order to facilitate high quality research and disseminate skills, we are planning for the following training programs in this year. Please follow this page for more updates
Mentorship in Publishing a paper
Research methodology workshop
- Sarkar ME, Sathyavani C, Varghese Z. Epidural sieve: A blessing in disguise! Indian J Anaesth. 2019 Dec;63(12):1044–6.
- Rampure R, Inbaraj LR, Elizabeth CG, Norman G. Factors Contributing to Alcohol Relapse in a Rural Population: Lessons from a Camp-Based De-Addiction Model from Rural Karnataka. Indian J Community Med. 2019 Dec;44(4):307–12.
- Wilson NJ, Lin Z, Villarosa A, Lewis P, Philip P, Sumar B, et al. Countering the poor oral health of people with intellectual and developmental disability: a scoping literature review. BMC Public Health. 2019 Nov 15;19(1):1530.
- Patwari S, Reddy BN, Kapanigowda MK, Ramesha SK, Chadaga H. Thoracic Dorsal Dermal Sinus with Secondarily Infected Intramedullary Dermoid Cyst. Asian J Neurosurg. 2019 Sep;14(3):975–7.
- Philip P, Villarosa A, Gopinath A, Elizabeth C, Norman G, George A. Oral health knowledge, attitude and practices among nurses in a tertiary care hospital in Bangalore, India: a cross-sectional survey. Contemp Nurse. 2019 Jun;55(2–3):261–74.
- Ambika RS, Datta B, Manjula BV, Warawantkar UV, Thomas AM. Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallow (FEES) in Intensive Care Unit Patients Post Extubation. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2019 Jun;71(2):266–70.
- George CE, Norman G, Wadugodapitya A, Rao SV, Nalige S, Radhakrishnan V, et al. Health issues in a Bangalore slum: findings from a household survey using a mobile screening toolkit in Devarajeevanahalli. BMC Public Health. 2019 Apr 29;19(1):456.
- Suguna B, Sukanya K. Yolk sac size & shape as predictors of first trimester pregnancy outcome: A prospective observational study. J Gynecol Obstet Hum Reprod. 2019 Mar;48(3):159–64.
- Zabeer S, Inbaraj LR, George CE, Norman G. Quality of life among migrant construction workers in Bangalore city: A cross-sectional study. J Family Med Prim Care. 2019 Feb;8(2):437–42.
- Mohan V, Inbaraj LR, George CE, Norman G. Prevalence of complaints of arm, neck, and shoulders among computer professionals in Bangalore: A cross-sectional study. J Family Med Prim Care. 2019 Jan;8(1):171–7.
- Raghavendran S, Inbaraj LR. Do family physicians suffer an identity crisis? A perspective of family physicians in Bangalore city. J Family Med Prim Care. 2018 Dec;7(6):1274–8.
- Garner SL, Killingsworth E, Bradshaw M, Raj L, Johnson SR, Abijah SP, et al. The impact of simulation education on self-efficacy towards teaching for nurse educators. Int Nurs Rev. 2018 Dec;65(4):586–95.
- Kakde S, Alexander S, David VG, Jacob S, Mohapatra A, Valson AT, et al. Relationship of Creatinine and Cystatin C-based Estimated Glomerular Filtration rates with Measured Glomerular Filtration Rate in Healthy Kidney Donors from South Asia. Indian J Nephrol. 2018 Oct;28(5):345–50.
- Sarkar ME, Inbaraj A, Zachariah V, Shukla S. Tracheal bronchus: A rare unforeseen anaesthetic challenge. Indian J Anaesth. 2018 Aug;62(8):621–4.
- Math CJ, George A. Vegetating Plaques in the Groin: A Manifestation of Metastatic Crohn’s Disease. Indian J Dermatol. 2018 Aug;63(4):338–41.
- Salins N, Gursahani R, Mathur R, Iyer S, Macaden S, Simha N, et al. Definition of Terms Used in Limitation of Treatment and Providing Palliative Care at the End of Life: The Indian Council of Medical Research Commission Report. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2018 Apr;22(4):249–62.
- Victor A, George CE, Inbaraj LR, Norman G. Benefit or Harm? A Study on Impact of Collusion on the Quality of Life among Palliative Care Patients. Indian J Palliat Care. 2018 Mar;24(1):61–6.
- Garner SL, Sudia T, Rachaprolu S. Smart phone accessibility and mHealth use in a limited resource setting. Int J Nurs Pract. 2018 Feb;24(1).
- Peterson RR, Kuruvilla A. Seizures and Cerebellar Calcification in a Child with Autoimmune Polyendocrine Syndrome 3A. Indian Pediatr. 2018 15;55(6):527–8.
- Abdi S, Wadugodapitiya A, Bedaf S, George CE, Norman G, Hawley M, et al. Identification of priority health conditions for field-based screening in urban slums in Bangalore, India. BMC Public Health. 2018 02;18(1):309.
- Raju NA, Rao SV, Joel JC, Jacob GG, Anil AK, Gowri SM, et al. Predictive Value of Serum Myoglobin and Creatine Phosphokinase for Development of Acute Kidney Injury in Traumatic Rhabdomyolysis. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2017 Dec;21(12):852–6.
- Inbaraj LR, Rose A, George K, Bose A. Perception of unintentional childhood injuries among mothers in rural South India. Indian J Public Health. 2017 Sep;61(3):211–4.
- Tk A, Singhal H, S Premkumar P, Acharya M, S Kamath M, George K. Local endometrial injury in women with failed IVF undergoing a repeat cycle: A randomized controlled trial. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2017 Jul;214:109–14.
- Garner SL, Killingsworth E, Raj L. Partnering to Establish and Study Simulation in International Nursing Education. Nurse Educ. 2017 Jun;42(3):151–4.
- Salins N, Johnson J, Macaden S. Feasibility and Acceptability of Implementing the Integrated Care Plan for the Dying in the Indian Setting: Survey of Perspectives of Indian Palliative Care Providers. Indian J Palliat Care. 2017 Mar;23(1):3–12.
- Macaden SC. Integrated Care Plan for the Dying: Facilitating Effective and Compassionate Care as an Urgent Process Needed in India. Indian J Palliat Care. 2017 Mar;23(1):1–2.
- Inbaraj LR, Rose A, George K, Bose A. Incidence and Impact of Unintentional Childhood Injuries: A Community Based Study in Rural South India. Indian J Pediatr. 2017 Mar;84(3):206–10.
- Prashanth YS, Niranjan M. Comparative Study of Surgical Management of Fracture Neck of Femur with Cemented Versus Uncemented Bipolar Hemiarthroplasty. J Clin Diagn Res. 2017 Feb;11(2):RC17–21.
- George A, Loganathan E. Oral Mucocoele: The Magic of Sclerotherapy. Skinmed. 2017;15(5):383–4.