It is believed that a healthy mind breathes a healthy body. The Department of Psychiatry at Bangalore Baptist Hospital works on this principle and helps foster a healthy state of mind for all patients.
Our team of three doctors and two clinical psychologists treat various mental conditions including substance abuse and anxiety disorders. While the department functions as an independent unit, it works with other departments to provide a comprehensive assessment when required.
Additionally, we also work with specialities such as Geriatrics Medicine in the hospital to provide regular memory and behaviour assessments.
Assessment and Management
- All mental health issues
- Childhood onset problems like developmental delay, autism, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, behaviour problems, communication problems and academic difficulties
- Alcohol and other substance-related addiction
- Mood changes like depression and bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Psychotic disorders like schizophrenia
- Sleep, eating and sexual related problems
- Deliberate self-harm and Suicidal behaviour
- We also conduct:
- Specific Learning Disability Tests
- Academic or Career Guidance
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Relaxation Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Marital or Couple Therapy
- Supportive Psychotherapy
- Caregiver Assessment and Education
- Comprehensive Memory Assessment
- Brief Pulse Therapy (E.C.T.)