Restore: Health, Function, Independence
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those with physical impairments or disabilities. These impairments can be due to conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, joints, muscles and nerves.
At Bangalore Baptist Hospital, we provide both in-patient and out-patient based rehabilitation. A few of the conditions managed as an in-patient include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury (Traumatic and non-traumatic)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Pediatric rehabilitation – Cerebral Palsy
Out-patient conditions include nonsurgical conditions such as
- Chronic pain
- Overuse syndromes
- Neurogenic bowel and bladder
- Pressure sore management
- Diabetic foot ulcers
Our team, which includes a Physiatrist (rehabilitation doctor), therapists (Physiotherapists, Occupational and Speech Therapists), rehabilitation nurse work towards a common goal of functional independence.
Our line of treatment include:
- Diagnosis and preventing complications of the disease
- Treatment of resulting disability and complications and to improve function
- Providing assistive technology and modifying the environment
Procedures done include:
- Ultrasound guided injection for chronic pain
- Nerve injections for pain
- Total contact cast and Bohler iron cast for diabetic foot ulcers
- Serial casting for deformity correction
We also offer customized packages to patients who require in-patient rehabilitation (3-week basis). These are more cost-effective than taking individual treatments and are tailored to offer the best results to the patients.